Google+ Nail Everything: 31DC2013 DAY 22: INSPIRED BY A SONG / Día 22: Inspirado por una Canción

viernes, 4 de octubre de 2013

31DC2013 DAY 22: INSPIRED BY A SONG / Día 22: Inspirado por una Canción

One of my favorite bands ever is Beastie Boys, I would keep going on and on about why I love them for life but I'll just say that they make me very happy.

'Sabotage' was the first song that I heard or, better said, the first video of them that I saw and by the time it ended my head was blown, it was directed by Spike Jonze (Where the Wild Things Are) and became an instant classic. The characters are an icon and I think everyone who is into music recognize them, that's why I wanted to paint them, searching for images I found a wallpaper with a very simple abstraction that worked very good for nails.

As you can see I changed some details like the shape of the hair or the moustaches just to be more accurate with the ones in the video, from left to right: Alonso Alegré as "The Chief", Nathan Wind as Cochese and Vic Colfari as Bobby "The Rookie"

I used as a base OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh? and a mix of acrylic paint and polishes for the details.


  

The thumb is a scene from the video (0:39) that is just shoot of the city with the video title, this was the one that I struggle most with because the letters are very tiny and they didn't came out very well, but in person look better I swear ;)
Soooo...  I'm tellin' y'all, it's a sabotage!!!

R.I.P. MCA :'(


Una de mis bandas favoritas es Beastie Boys, podría pasar horas diciendo el porqué los amaré por siempre, pero sólo diré que me hacen muy feliz.

'Sabotage' fue la primera canción que escuché, o mejor dicho, el primer video de ellos que vi, y para cuando había terminado ya me había marcado,  fue dirigido por Spike Jonze (Where the Wild Things Are) y se convirtió en un clásico instantáneo. Los personajes son un ícono y cualquiera al que le guste la música los sabe reconocer, es por eso que los quise pintar en las uñas por lo que buscando referencias y encontré un wallpaper que tenía unas abstracciones de dichos personajes que funcionaban perfecto.

Como pueden ver cambié algunos detalles como la forma de el pelo o los bigotes para ser un poco más fidedignos con el video, de derecha a izquierda: Alonso Alegré como "The Chief", Nathan Wind as Cochese y Vic Colfari como Bobby "The Rookie"

Usé de base OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh? y una mezcla de pintura acrílica y esmaltes diversos para los detalles.

El pulgar es una escena del video en el segundo 0:39 que es una toma de la ciudad con el título del video, en este sí me tardé mucho y me costó trabajo porque las letras son pequeñitas y no me salieron tan bien, aunque en persona lucen mejor ;)
Entonces... I'm tellin' y'all, it's a sabotage!!!

R.I.P. MCA :'(



2 comentarios:

  1. Sweet, merciful...stop being so amazing!! Seriously, I'm just blown away. You did such a fantastic job with these--I can not get over the incredible detailing you put into the sunglasses!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Wow thanks! I really appreciate your kind words ;)

    ResponderBorrar